create a template for the creation of a new space

Michael_Huber March 16, 2020

Hi everyone :)

i would like to create a template for the creation of new spaces. So when you click "create space" there´s a template you can choose with a treestructur of sites.
I´ve heard that i will have to write that template in html.
Does anybody know how I can do this?

Kind regards,
Michael

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2020

hi @Michael_Huber , are you an admin ?
If not, I don't think you would have the permission to do so..

There is an open ticket to let this functionality be available to users, to which you can vote on..

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-27596 

If  you are, and have some developer skills, this guide should help you do it - 

write-a-simple-confluence-space-blueprint 

Let me know if you need more help.

Thank you for your answer. I´m not an admin at the moment but I´ll try to change that.

Like Sajit Nair likes this
0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2020

@Michael_Huber   It is possible!

• As space admin  of  this space go to  Space ToolsContent Tools > Create New Template
  • Click (+)   >  Other macros  >  Search for the Page Tree   Macro
  • Mean while  you need to  have   pages on  this  space for the pages to be  displayed.
  • When you click  Create page  you will have possibility to choose this  template

You can also  add the Create from Template  button to your space by editing  the page you want this  button to  be  Click (+)  >  Other Macros  >   Create from Template  Macro

choose your template  from Template  name  drop down list.

Best regards,

Mo

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, this didn´t work in the way I wanted. Sorry, I think I didn´t specify it enough.

Here is a a screenshot. So the goal is when i click "create space" this window pops up and i want a template here just like the "Vispiron DIGITAL Project Space". When i select the "Vispiron DIGITAL Project Space" there are many sites already integrated. I want to create another one of these templates.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2020

@Michael_Huber  Aaa No you cannot do it. But you can use template added in a particlar space.  After  the space  has been  created.

Alright, thanks a lot for your answers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events