copy/past from confluence to jira without losing formatting

How do i copy formatted text from confluence into a JIRA case description and not lose the formatting from Confluence?

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Why copy and paste?  Why not just link the JIRA issue with the Confluence page or text?

Yes, that is possible and it is done as well, but people can be lazy and not switch between the two all the time to read details of how the story should be implemented. So I usually ensure that the story and the confluence pages are in-sync with each other by copying text between them. 
Does your team simply use Confluence as the source of truth? What do you usually have in the description field of the story?

we are having the same issue. We're starting to capture software requirements in confluence, but also have a separate instance for JIRA that our outside development team owns. We need to document requirements and metadata internally as well as in the JIRA instance our dev partner manages. And copying and pasting and re-formatting from wiki–>JIRA is a huge pain

And to note we also do have an internal JIRA instance and are struggling on how to best capture requests for new development work with associated metadata, like stakeholders, and the content of the requirements without having to duplicate information both on our internal instance as well as in the outside instance. Would love to know how others approach this.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

627 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you