consumer Key is empty string

Annong Phann July 21, 2015

I'm having issues linking my test environments for Confluence and JIRA. From the log file, the consumer key is empty. Where/How can I fix this issue?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

logFile.JPG

3 answers

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Hi Annong,

It seems JIRA is unable to retrieve the information from Confluence, therefore it fails to identify the application and create the Application Link. This could be due to many factors, as proxy configuration, SSL, etc. As a test, I'd like to suggest you to try creating the link from JIRA to Confluence bypassing Confluence's proxy (if you have one in place) and confirm if that works. Please also perform connectivity tests, trying to reach confluence at the specified address from your JIRA server.

In addition you may use the document https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/KB/Application+Links+Troubleshooting+Guide as a guidance to try troubleshooting this. Please check at the section Review your environment configuration, as it will serve as a guide to review all the configuration you have in place for Confluence.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
Annong Phann July 21, 2015

I have removed the links several times from both applications but its still not working.

It appears JIRA is not able to get Confluence's server information. I confirm that both servers can ping each other.

screen.JPG

As you can see here Confluence->Jira,Confluence server is fine but when JIRA tries to complete the link by returning back to Confluence the reciprocal link is not completed.

link.JPG

error.JPG

Insight on this issue is greatly appreciated.

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2015

Annong,

You can safely remove the current application link on both applications, once they are completely removed you can recreate them. The consumer key should be recreated during the new app link creation. That should do the trick!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events