confluence unexpanding expand macro when referenced with an anchor

Hi all,

Is there anyway to reference a page that has a large set of expand macros to where the reference would expand only the given macro that was referenced?

Thanks,

Robert

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Mar 04, 2015

Hi Robert,

You can include this user macro in all pages in a space (or just include the javascript in all pages using the Custom HTML area) and it will automatically expand only the area where the anchor is embedded:

https://bitbucket.org/stephendeutsch/confluence-user-macros/src/bb28804121a99ccd01b95d0ebed4097468d0244d/anchor_in_expand/anchor_in_expand_macro.vm?at=master

However, are you also wanting it to close any other expanded expand macros? It doesn't do that (yet).

Very cool! How do you reference it though as it is does not have a title?

Never mind I figured it out. Love it. Wish I could up-vote it twice :-)

Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Mar 04, 2015

Glad you like it :) As a bonus, it also converts regular anchor links (i.e. #anchor) to Confluence style anchor links automatically (i.e. #PAGETITLE-anchor)

I'm trying to use the code and must be missing something. I added the code in an html macro onto the page that has the expand macro (before the macros). I placed the anchor within the expand macro. However, when I click on the link to the expand macro page, nothing expanded. What am I missing?

Are both your anchor-expand macro and anchor inside the expand macro?

I'm also trying to use this code. I added it to an HTML macro at the top of the wiki page, but that didn't work. Next, I added it to the footer of the space layout. Both attempts failed. What am I not understanding here?

Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Nov 28, 2017

Hi Rob,

This is actually an older version of the code that I have not updated. Could you try the code from here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-27357?focusedCommentId=673236&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-673236

and see if that makes any difference?

Thanks for your help, I probably don't have sufficient privileges to activate this code. I'm getting the following error  "Error rendering macro 'html' : Security restricted macro is not allowed. An edit restriction includes an unauthorized entry: username@email.com".

@Stephen Deutsch - your macro works, now I just need to decide where to insert it - @ the page, space, or wiki level. The low-tech solution would be to separate the collapsed sections into child pages, but that's not so great from a UX perspective.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

588 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you