confluence trial vs prod or HSQLDB vs external DB

Chris Riley April 21, 2015

Hello,

We've been setting up a VM with Confluence 5.5.2. One of them had Confluence installed as a production install and using an external database (PostgreSQL). For the other VM we installed Confluence as a trial version using the internal database.

The prod/PostgreSQL install successfully configured LDAP and SMTP Server settings, while the trial/embedded database was not successful at configuring LDAP or SMTP Server.

I'm asking if it is true that one can not configure LDAP and SMTP Server using the trial/embedded database install? One must install the prod/external database version in order to successfully configure LDAP or SMTP Server?

Thanks,

Chris

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Riley May 6, 2015

Nic, thanks for the quick answer!

Chris

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2015

You should be able to use LDAP and SMTP with the HSQL database - the components are abstracted from each other.  (I've certainly had both of them running in test rigs, although I don't remember if I had both of them running at the same time)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events