confluence file store and api

Does confluence have an api or directory location where I can send a bunch of documents in the amount of 500 and they will show up in the space I want? Or do I have to upload them manually? Looking to use an automatically way instead of uploads from the page itself.

2 answers

1 vote

No, the attachments are internalised and have extra data included.  

If you want to add files to Confluence and have them appear, you'd need to copy them to the server, name them appropriately, and push data into some of Confluence's tables in the database (for which you need Confluence offline, and with a proven backup before you do it).  In other words, you must use the API in some way. 

One way to use the API is "use the web UI" - i.e. the manual upload of each file.  However, that's not the only way.  The other options I'd look at for the API are:

John, maybe AppFusions' integrations with Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, Egnyte, or Alfresco (or what flavor would you like - email info@appfusions.com) would be of interest. You can leave them organized as they are in one of those repositories, but work with them in Confluence (preview, link, embed in pages, download, edit, navigate embedded file folders, etc.) See details about these packaged integrations and videos at www.appfusions.com.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,769 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you