Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence db in postgres

Padmasree P September 3, 2018

how do we create confluence db with postgres character encoding and collation set to utf8

I'm following this document for setting up postgres db . 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf67/database-setup-for-postgresql-945103516.html

will this command work 

CREATE DATABASE "confluence_db"
WITH OWNER "postgres"
ENCODING 'UTF8'
LC_COLLATE = 'en_US.UTF-8'
LC_CTYPE = 'en_US.UTF-8'
TEMPLATE template0;

1 answer

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2018

HI @Padmasree P

Use the below command..

CREATE DATABASE confluencedb WITH OWNER = CONFLUENCE_DB ENCODING 'UNICODE' LC_COLLATE 'C' LC_CTYPE 'C' TEMPLATE template0;

Hi Yohesh,

I need the db to have encoding and collation set to utf8 . not c collation. please help with utf8 command

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2018
Like # people like this

I'm using Linux, is this link for Linux?

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2018

Yes.

Robert Horan
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 9, 2020

@Yogesh Mude - this link just saved me a LOT of time.   I wish this was part of the official documentation.  You have my deepest thanks.

Like Metin Savignano likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events