center justify all highlighted cells in table

Scott Laronge October 4, 2018

I'd like to be able to highlight all cells in a table and choose center justified to have all cells be center justified.

When I highlight the cells in the table that I want, the cells become highlighted with a light blue color and the values in the top row of the selected table are also highlighted in a dark grey.  The remainder of the highlighted cells are not highlighted in dark grey.  When I select the center justify option from the editing ribbon up top only the top row becomes justified.  I repeat this process until I've gone through all rows.

How can I do this easier?

highlight.pngonly top row.png

3 answers

0 votes
Jerry Grzadka December 13, 2019

I have the same issue.  When I select forty rows in the table only the first row will be justified.  Is there any faster way to justify the whole column without justifying line by line?

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2018

Or, you can change it permanently for all tables in your space/site. Just update the CSS file (look and feel). Users can always manually override the setting. I uses this method to use our corporate colors for the heading row, set the font size larger and center all of them,

One other note, that the table highlighting works differently between Chrome and Firefox (or did). In Firefox, I can highlight a column, and change its formatting -- wasn't working in Chrome.

0 votes
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2018

Hi @Scott Laronge

Confluence tables by default are created with Grey headers (top row) and No color/White body (remaining) cells. You can change the background color/alignment for any/all the cells and set row or column headers as required.

To change the background color of any/all cells:

1. Select the cells you want to highlight. You see the Change cell color option active in the table ribbon to the right most end.
  2. Select this option and set the color of your choice.

To change the text alignment of the any/all cells:

1. Select the cells you want to change the alignment of.
  2. As you already know, select the center/right/left alignment option as required. This will set the alignment of all the selected cells.

To change the headers:

1. Select any cell in the table. You see the table ribbon activated.
  2. Select one of the heading options - Heading row, Heading column. 

Note: You can also unselect the default header row by using clicking the Heading row option again.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Sireesha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events