cannot add in a new user in Confluence

hi,

I am using confluence server edition locally and I do have administrator privilege. However when I tried to add a new user it gives me the following error, saying

Cause

com.atlassian.confluence.core.InsufficientPrivilegeException: User [binfang] does not have the required privileges.
    at com.atlassian.confluence.user.DefaultUserAccessor.addMembership(DefaultUserAccessor.java:197)

Can you please let me know why?

thanks

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Oct 09, 2017

The error you report indicates that you don't have sufficient permissions. Please see this guide to judge what permissions should be added for you to be able to administer the instance: Global Permissions Overview

hi, I don't think this is cause of it.

As you can see from the screenshot, I belong to the confluence-administrator group and the group does have system administration permission. 

I acutally was able to add user before, but all of a sudden I cannot any more.

Please help. thank you.

image.pngimage.png

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Oct 09, 2017

You are right, if you are in confluence-administrators you are a super user.

Per this article, if you have a default group set but it does not exist, the error will appear: Unable to Create New User Due to InsufficientPrivilegeException

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

602 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you