Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot Access Confluence Administration pages !!!

testdockerhub April 4, 2019

hello,

i have a problem here on my Confluence instance, its working correctly on all pages but when i want to go to the General settings or any other administration page which required to Re-Do the authentication and when i entered my password i got this Error page ( screenshot).

my username is in Admintrators group ....any solution !!!!kb.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2019

Hi,

can you share log file from INSTALL-DIR/logs/catalina.out when it happened?

testdockerhub April 5, 2019

Hello @Petr Vaníček , i just checked my Logs on /opt/atlassian/confluence/logs. i do not see any catalina.out file, there is catalina.2019-04-05.log.

is it normal !

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2019

Then you share this one. Paste it here into code block or service like Pastebin.

Like testdockerhub likes this
testdockerhub April 5, 2019

i do not see anythning wierd on that log, but on anothe log on the : /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/logs , i can see a weird one 

atlassian-confluence.log :

caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.convertOperationFailedException(CrowdServiceImpl.java:676)
caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403) Erreur "403 - Forbidden"

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2019

Confluence needs to authenticate over Jira or Crowd (what are you using?).

Try this and when you will logged in then check configuration for user directory.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-158390.html

testdockerhub April 6, 2019

i just saw that article and i tried to add a local admin on confluence, because the authentication is done on Jira ,so i guess that i may need to create a local admin on confluence before that i sync the users with Jira.

but even after doing that i cannot login to the administration side via that new local admin .!!

testdockerhub April 6, 2019

i see that i cannot even create a page !!! please whats the problem 

can9.PNG

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2019

That's not normal. Are you using reverse proxy (if yes which one and which version - can you try it over java port 8090 if it's same)? It's your new instance or did you made upgrade?

testdockerhub April 7, 2019

yup i tried directly on the port 8090 without passing by Nginx but its the same ,im using the latest version : 6.15.1

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2019

Can you share your server.xml? And is it new or upgraded instance?

testdockerhub April 8, 2019

i tried to bypass that, and do not use the proxy and that was the same issue, my Main issue for now is the connection to the administration side of the application .

i created a local admin and all was fine with that admin ,i can visit the administration side of my application but when i make the sync with jira for other users i cannot access the administration side !!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events