can you see the most used searches in Confluence?

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2014

Hello,

I would like to see what words are used the most in the search-bar.

Is this possible and if so: how?

Thank you

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

Hi Vera,

We do not have this feature bundled in Confluence. However I believe it's a valid idea. Being that said, I was able to raise a new feature request that way our product manager can see it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34661

I would strongly suggest that you vote on this issue to increase its popularity and add it to your watchlist for future updates. Please comment there, showing how good that feature would be if we had it in Confluence.

Cheers,
WZ

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2014

Thanks!
Done!

1 vote
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2015

Eventually did this:

1. Installed Viewtracker Plugin
  2. Then to show it only to a particular group e.g. administrators I installed Visibility Plugin

Pay attention to the second plugin: it's free but you do have to licence it. Click on Buy and checkout with $ 0,00. More info on this here.

3. Go to your Confluence General Configuration Page. In the menu left there's an extra option for ServiceRocket Plugins: Visibility. Put the key there.

Good luck!

Shane Arnold September 7, 2016

Hi Vera, hopefully you're still about. To confirm, does this allow you to see/group search terms used in Confluence? This is a feature specifically requested by one of my colleagues.

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2016

No I did not, just the visitors

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2016

You should follow William's Zanchet's link

0 votes
Yura Zaicev June 8, 2021

Any update on this?

0 votes
productbrett January 2, 2015

If you have download version you can use google analytics Inject GA code into the header of each page using Browse > Confluence Admin > 'Look and Feel' - Custom HTML > Edit then in GA Set query parameters to queryString,searchQuery.queryString Category Parameter to key,searchQuery.spaceKey,where Then you will start being able to see search terms in GA Behaviour > Site Search > Search terms

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events