can you see the most used searches in Confluence?

Hello,

I would like to see what words are used the most in the search-bar.

Is this possible and if so: how?

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Vera,

We do not have this feature bundled in Confluence. However I believe it's a valid idea. Being that said, I was able to raise a new feature request that way our product manager can see it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34661

I would strongly suggest that you vote on this issue to increase its popularity and add it to your watchlist for future updates. Please comment there, showing how good that feature would be if we had it in Confluence.

Cheers,
WZ

Eventually did this:

1. Installed Viewtracker Plugin
  2. Then to show it only to a particular group e.g. administrators I installed Visibility Plugin

Pay attention to the second plugin: it's free but you do have to licence it. Click on Buy and checkout with $ 0,00. More info on this here.

3. Go to your Confluence General Configuration Page. In the menu left there's an extra option for ServiceRocket Plugins: Visibility. Put the key there.

Good luck!

Hi Vera, hopefully you're still about. To confirm, does this allow you to see/group search terms used in Confluence? This is a feature specifically requested by one of my colleagues.

No I did not, just the visitors

You should follow William's Zanchet's link

If you have download version you can use google analytics Inject GA code into the header of each page using Browse > Confluence Admin > 'Look and Feel' - Custom HTML > Edit then in GA Set query parameters to queryString,searchQuery.queryString Category Parameter to key,searchQuery.spaceKey,where Then you will start being able to see search terms in GA Behaviour > Site Search > Search terms

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

370 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you