Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't restrict page despite having admin privileges

tcpetrie May 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Page Restrictions

When clicking on the restrictions lock, I keep getting "You're not allowed to change these restrictions. It's either due to edit restrictions on the page, or permissions settings for this space." even though I am a member of all the administration accounts. The Page Restrictions document doesn't help with this. Is it an occasional bug or is there some poorly documented switch I need to flip?

2 answers

1 vote
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

Then someone has locked you out of editing that page - i.e. I suspect you are not included in the Edit Restriction list for that page.  You will need to ask someone who IS included in the Edit list to add you to the Edit list.

0 votes
tcpetrie May 5, 2016

Well since I'm the one who created the page, no one's had the chance to lock me out. However it may be an "inheritance" issue? But then it's a root page and we have other pages that are locked at the same level so I'm still baffled.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events