Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I force read users to authenticate with needing a license?

Lenny Dauw March 17, 2021

We would like our user to authenticate themselves before they can read the content of our knowledge base. Is there a ways to achieve this without having to buy a license for each external user (our customers)?

1 answer

0 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 17, 2021

Hi @Lenny Dauw

My team makes the Scroll Viewport app, which let's you publish your Confluence Content as a help center: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211636/scroll-viewport-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Right now, the help site it creates is publicly accessable on the internet but we're working on a new authentication feature that would protect the content behind a login. Those people logging in will not need Confluence users.

If you're interested, I can see if we have room in the beta so you can test it out and give us feedback.

Let me know.

Lenny Dauw March 17, 2021

Hi Matt,

It would be great if we could access the beta. Ideally we would like to use Azure B2C authentication, which our users already use to access our applications.

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 30, 2021

@Lenny Dauw

If you wouldn't mind, send me an email at mreiner@k15t.com and I'll connect you with the team. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events