blank page in confluence after mysql database configuration

Kishor Kumar December 4, 2015

2 answers

1 vote
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2015

Hi,

The blank page is generally caused when the database server cannot be reached by Confluence or the database service is not started.

In case the database is located on a different server, I suggest you ping this server from the Confluence server and make sure there's no network traffic issue.

In addition, you can verify the atlassian-confluence.log file from the Home-Directory/logs folder to have a better understanding of what is happening.

I believe you're having as issue similar to the one mentioned here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Unable+to+start+due+to+net.sf.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException+Cannot+open+connection

These are the main investigation paths we can follow initially. Otherwise, I suggest you raise a support ticket at support.atlassian.com.

Regards,
LM 

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2015

Just one specific page, or is it the whole of confluence?

More importantly, what does the log file say is happening?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events