bar chart change color

Is there anyway to assign colors to bar chart

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer
Davin Studer Community Champion Oct 14, 2014

Yep. In the macro properties it is the Colors field.

image2014-10-14 10:44:43.png

image2014-10-14 10:45:32.png

Thanks Davin. I would like to know if we can assign colors based on the table value(sql output).

eg:

col1 col2

AB     4

BC     10

DE      6

I want to assign red color for AB, green  for BC , blue for  DE  and yellow  for FG (FG row  may or may be in the table based  on sql query output).

Davin Studer Community Champion Oct 15, 2014

Are you saying that you want the color to change based on the value in col2 for each row? Or is a static color for each row what you want. I don't quite understand your previous comment. If you want it to be dynamic I don't think that is possible. If you want a static color, then your first color would be for row AB, the second would be for BC, the third for DE, and the fourth for FG ... if it exists. You can put in four values even if there are only three rows.

thanks david. Sorry for not elaborating the question the color should assigned for values not for rows. if the query output is AB 4 DE 6 Then i want to see Red and blue bars. Is that possible?

Davin Studer Community Champion Oct 15, 2014

Like I said I don't think it is possible to assign the color based on the value returned in your query. I cannot think of an easy way to do it.

thank you Davin

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,181 views 20 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you