Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attachments disabled for space but users are still able to add attachments?

jovan savin April 20, 2021

I have disabled attachment add delete in permissions for entire group for our blog page, but folks are still able to add them is there are alternate way that they are doing this? Would appreciate help with this issue. Thank You

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

@jovan savin 

If you removed add attachments for the group in the space but they are still able to add attachments are these new attachments or ones that have already been added?  

Space Permissions Overview | Confluence Data Center and Server 7.12 | Atlassian Documentation Here is information from the documentation:

Add attachment gives you permission to upload (attach) files to pages and blog posts in this space, and to edit attached files using the Companion app. 

Delete attachment gives you permission to remove attached files from pages or blog posts in the space. 

People with only Add page or blog permissions can still insert existing attached files in the editor, and remove files from the editor, so they're not displayed on the page or blog post. They can't however upload a new file, a new version of an existing file, edit an existing file using the Companion app, or delete the attached file itself.

jovan savin April 22, 2021

Hi Brant,

Unfortunately they have a work around: using insert table or insert image, the issue is we have daily blogs spanning number of years having issue with slow loading of records, I would think due to large number of attachments images, folks are using images attachments that are totally unnecessary and I was trying to limit all images.

In Page tree under Blog for each year we should have Months displayed however each time trying to access 2019 or 2018 ,  I get "Loading..."  but it never loads anything???

Tried Index Rebuild few times but that did not help.

Thank You 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

@jovan savin sounds like a resource issue and removing all the images probably will not help.  I would suggest tuning the server.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/performance-tuning-130289.html

jovan savin April 23, 2021

Brant, Would that be database tuning on the server where Confluence is? Or some other component? If you can give me some help with this would be appreciated. Thank You

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2021

@jovan savin I would start with the application specifically the memory.

Hi Brant, Will try that, I have SQL DBA checking about performance tuning the database used for Confluence.  Please correct me if I am wrong with this about Confluence Blogging we have records spanning number of years and folks are generating messages on daily basis, I always thought that images tables and attachments take lot of memory and extra processing time. If we keep blog entries free from tables images and attachments and go with only basics the performance will be better  and lot less storage will be required.   Thank You appreciate your help😊

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2021

You are correct that keeping the simple will be less of a load.  We have an instance with 10,000 users and tons of spaces and blogs that span years and usually loading issues are due to resource constraints.  We just review quarterly and make changes as needed.

Brant Here is the current issue: when trying to expand on the left side page tree under blog for year 2019 it just keep saying loading... but it never loads, hope after SQL DBA checks he can resolve this loading issue.

Thank You😊Blog_Loading....JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events