attaching a file in confluence leads to error 'java.io.IOException: There is not enough space on the disk'.

What's the name of the directory on the server to clear the disc space?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jens,

By default all attachments in Confluence are stored in the <confluence-home/attatchments.

The Atlassian documentation here outlines how you can see in your instance what the configured attachment file store path is. This should tell you the directory that needs more space adding to it or files removing from.

I hope this helps.

Kristian

Please bear in mind that if you delete files from the disk, Confluence will not be aware of the deletion and will report that the files are still there, and then break when it tries to use them (not crash, but you'll get broken macro displays and errors if people try to open/edit the missing files)

HI Nic,

We are getting unknown attachment error in confluence page.

permission on the attachment folder is firne and the storage has enough space also.PLease help us

Hi Kristian,

this is the info i was searching for.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,

Jens

HI Jens,

Glad I was able to help. If this answer is useful could you please accept it so that others can easily find it as a validated answer in future.

Thanks

Kristian

Hi,

we have now solved this disc space issue by deleting some very old backup files. We have scheduled a backup job for our confluence which is running on daily base.

By deleting some very old files we could enable more disc space again.

Here you can find the Atlassian documentation about configuring backups.

Thank you all for your responses.

Jens

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

460 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you