associated labels not relevant in content by label

Florent R_ May 25, 2021

Hi,

I'm using the related labels macro, and when I click on a label, it shows me all pages of the space that have the same label. And that's fine.

But if I use the "associated labels" to narrow my research, adding a second label with an logical "AND", the resultats are not relevant anymore.

Example : 

Pages have always label "A" or "B" but never both. Pages can have label "C", "D" or "E", whether they have label "A" or "B".

When I click on the "A" label, it suggest me the "C", "D" and "E" label. But if I add one of the with the "+C", "+D" or "+E" button, then it suggests the "B" label.

I presume that the associated labels are generated with a logical "OR" : Show every label associated with any of the label selected. But I don't understand this choice, it pollutes the results when the user is narrowing is research step by step, showing him irrelevant results he filtered out on the first click.

What would be more useful would be to generate the list with a logical "AND". Show every label associated with every label selected.

Do you know how to do something like this ?

Thanks for your help !

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2021

@Florent R_ I am assuming that you mean the related labels macro.  This macro will look for any page with the label listed and show labels also listed with that label.  It is all or nothing so there is no 'AND' function.  

Florent R_ September 28, 2021

Hello @Brant Schroeder , yes I meant the related labels macro. I updated my post accordingly.

In fact, there is a "AND" function in the left panel, this "AND" function is used to display the pages that are labelled with all the labels selected. The pages with one of the label are not displayed. But in the right panel, the suggested labels are not using the "AND" function. That dichotomy is absurd.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events