Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after upgrade confluence doesn't start

Simona Persico October 9, 2015

Hi,

We're testing the upgrade on our test instance from Confluence 5.1 to Confluence 5.8.14. As suggest I've checked all plugin with the function 'check update' of UPM plugin and I have disabled a list of plugins . We've upgraded the server and the error we have now is 

Unable to start up Confluence. Fatal error during startup sequence: confluence.lifecycle.core:pluginframeworkdependentupgrades (Run all the upgrades that require the plugin framework to be available) - com.atlassian.confluence.content.render.xhtml.migration.exceptions.MigrationException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.springframework.transaction.UnexpectedRollbackException: Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only

How can I upload the plugin? There is a particular plugin that I have to upload in order to start confluence?

Someone can help me?

Thank you 

Simona

3 answers

1 vote
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2015

Hi Simona,

Would you be able to try to clear the plugin cache of your instance and start the instance again? 

1. Shutdown Confluence
2. Ensure the user running Confluence has full read/write privileges to the confluence-home directory.
3. Remove the following directories

• This will remove the plugin cache files only and will not permanently remove any plugins. These directories will be recreated during the next Confluence startup. However, some third-party plugins may store metadata in these directories, so we recommend creating a temporary backup of the directories.

<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
<confluence-home>/plugins-cache
<confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
<confluence-home>/plugins-temp
<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language

4. Start Confluence

Let me know if the logs change after that.

Eduardo

0 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2015

Hey there,

Check this documentation, maybe it can help you smile. However as Kay suggested, it's better to open a ticket with us because we need to investigate the root cause.

Kind regards,

Guilherme Viana

Atlassian Support 

0 votes
Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2015

Contact Atlassian Support https://support.atlassian.com/customer/servicedesk-portal

Regards,

Kay

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events