Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

access confluence without license

We are looking to create product help using confluence and want to create certain sections of help only for logged in users. I did some research and it seems that all logged in users consume a license in confluence. Is my understanding correct, or is there a way to give read-only access to logged in users without consuming a license?

Thanks

Gagan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M Community Leader Dec 27, 2021

Hi @gagan_kaur 

Some Ideas are already discussed over here. Let me know if you find it interesting

Straight forward there is no way

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-give-space-access-to-unlicensed-users/qaq-p/1023522

Thanks,
Pramodh

thanks, @Pramodh M i will try this option. thanks for your help!

0 votes
Bill Bailey Community Leader Dec 27, 2021

You are correct in your assumption. The only workaround would be a generic log in shared by these users with very restricted rights. But not sure if that violates the license or not.

Even on the server/data center, you would consume a license. BUT you have the option of creating a gateway to even access the site, so could create user logins to access a "help center" which then allows them so see anon pages in Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

43,734 views 33 136
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you