Wrong display of Checklists in Confluence using Jira Addon

Hi!

We are using the checklist addon in JIRA to help us formalize Definitions of Ready and Definitions of Done. We're also using Confluence and include informations about JIRA-issues in Confluence pages.

However, using the checklist addon, the displayed checklists differ from the ones in JIRA.

This is the view in JIRA:

checklist-JIRA.png

And this is how it looks in Confluence:

checklist-Confluence.png

As you can see there are no checkboxes in Confluence. Please provide a view in Confluence as well.

Kind regards

Dennis

3 answers

Hi Dennis,

Checklist does output a checkbox in all views except for Excel and XML export. So my guess is that the Confluence integration is actually stripping those away. You can also see in your image that Confluence replaces the line breaks with " \ " to separate the items (something that Checklist doesn't do at all).

I will try to take a deeper look into it but I don`t think that I can do anything about it.

Regards,

Yves

Hi Yves!

Did you find anything about this?

Thanks!

Kind regards

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Unfortunately, Confluence is using its own rendering engine. It simply takes the data from the column and renders it itself. Since the rendering logic is on the JIRA side, you will never be able to have the same visual output.

Yves

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

861 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you