Wrap text in Confluence editor

FAK November 21, 2013

Is there a way to wrap text around an image through Confluence editor like you can do in MS Word?

4 answers

1 accepted

15 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2013

Yes. Click on the image in your content and then in the editor toolbar click the left or right justify button. The text will then wrap around the image.

FAK November 21, 2013

That does the trick! Thanks

Tim Penner May 13, 2016

That works only temporarily. When I leave page edit mode, text is no longer wrapped around the frame of the diagram.

Johnny Dejeas February 16, 2018

Both @FAK and @Tim Penner1 are right, for me it did the trick, although at times (just a couple cases so far, nothing too annoying at this volume), the display mode would not work or it would be misaligned. For this cases, I reopened the Edit mode, re-set the text, save, and there it was fixed. 

Hopefully you get paid to report the bug ! cheers

cheryl elia February 23, 2018

Ahhhhh - kind of like in WordPress... i remember struggling with that. :D

Fernando Lima April 5, 2018

My first approach was to try to get the image and the text into a two cell table with no borders, like I often used to do in html or mediawiki.

Turns out borderless tables is not something Atlassian though useful...

Many thanks for this answer.

Karl M Kovaciny November 20, 2018

Very cool feature. For this to work, I had to drag the image above the paragraph I wanted to wrap around it.

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

It sure would be nice if it worked as advertised. Try wrapping text when you have a numbered outline. It doesn't work Atlassian. Stop doing stupid Team conferences and actually do some useful coding to fix all the crap that doesn't work as advertised.

And no, I don't want an add-in to fix it.

I heard one of the founders claim he has imposter syndrome. I believe it.

1 vote
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2020

It looks that new options: wrap right and wrap left are available!

Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 23.26.03.png

iasmini January 15, 2021

I need to insert an image in the middle of the text, like this:

Test image wrapping.jpg

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2021

Alas, inline images are not currently available in the new editor for Cloud. It is available in the old editor for Cloud. Feel free to add you vote to the suggestion ticket.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68501

Pradnya Nagpure September 9, 2021

@iasmini If you really need to insert a small image/icon image, save the image on you local drive, add it as an emoji that is available in the page editor section. Then while inserting where ever you want in the text, select the added image from the emojis. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pradnya

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

I just learned about using the computer's emojis when editing but there was no explanation of how you add an image to the emoji list.

0 votes
Cyndalia Fernandes February 12, 2020

Editing the code is temporary. It would be nice if confluence did this change permanently. 

0 votes
andrew sutton May 15, 2015

Perfect

Carla Woodgate January 7, 2020

I'm using Confluence Cloud in the New Editor, and I am not able to make any of the above suggestions work to allow me to include an image within a line of text. Does anyone have any suggestions? The wrap text does not work, and if I have my content inside a macro, such as Numbered Headings, there isn't even an option to align or justify the text. 

BTW...I'm not real crazy about how the Cloud version doesn't work with these other macro panels. That's a real problem for my team. 

Like # people like this
Kenneth Hamilton January 15, 2020

Cannot believe they (apparently) removed this feature in the latest version.

Like Annemarie Witte likes this
Holly Mazzeo March 2, 2020

I ended up inserting my image after the line of text.  Then I played with the alignment to get it to properly wrap.  (My image is inside the panel macro.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events