It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Wrap text in Confluence editor

FAK Nov 21, 2013

Is there a way to wrap text around an image through Confluence editor like you can do in MS Word?

2 answers

1 accepted

12 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer Community Leader Nov 21, 2013

Yes. Click on the image in your content and then in the editor toolbar click the left or right justify button. The text will then wrap around the image.

FAK Nov 21, 2013

That does the trick! Thanks

Tim Penner May 13, 2016

That works only temporarily. When I leave page edit mode, text is no longer wrapped around the frame of the diagram.

Johnny Dejeas Feb 16, 2018 • edited

Both @FAK and @Tim Penner1 are right, for me it did the trick, although at times (just a couple cases so far, nothing too annoying at this volume), the display mode would not work or it would be misaligned. For this cases, I reopened the Edit mode, re-set the text, save, and there it was fixed. 

Hopefully you get paid to report the bug ! cheers

cheryl elia Feb 23, 2018

Ahhhhh - kind of like in WordPress... i remember struggling with that. :D

Fernando Lima Apr 05, 2018

My first approach was to try to get the image and the text into a two cell table with no borders, like I often used to do in html or mediawiki.

Turns out borderless tables is not something Atlassian though useful...

Many thanks for this answer.

Karl M Kovaciny Nov 20, 2018

Very cool feature. For this to work, I had to drag the image above the paragraph I wanted to wrap around it.

0 votes
andrew sutton May 15, 2015

Perfect

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

1,227 views 7 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you