Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflows

Teri June 6, 2019

I have a workflow created using Comala and was curious if it can do the following:

1. minor change: If I applied a space workflow, is there a way to  disable a workflow (other than the content tools section) if you are doing a minor formatting change? Keep in mind that the document was already approved via a workflow but now we just found a minor error in formatting and we don't want to use the workflow again. The one I built has capability to just hop to the approved process w/o going through the various review stages but I am open to other options.

2. If you just got a document approved using a workflow (space workflow) and now you intend to move the document to a different space that doesn't have the workflow added. What happens the usability and visability of that workflow that is attached to the document on that new space?

1 answer

0 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2019

Hi Teri, 

1. We would not recommend disabling the workflow in Space Tools because this would disable your workflow across the whole space. Your solution is the best option, an alternative is to set the transition from your approved state to be a Submit transition which allows your Page Editor to decide if review is required. 
  2. If you move a page from one space with a Workflow to another space without a workflow, then the workflow activity will not follow. You may want to consider Comala Publishing for this case.

Hope that helps

James

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events