Workaround for "Page Layout" button missing

Ryan Cabanas February 28, 2019

In the following post...

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Where-do-I-find-the-Page-Layout-button-when-creating-a-Blog-post/qaq-p/890459

...it was pointed out that the "Page Layout" button...a basic, advertised feature...is missing.  I found a workaround for this.  (I did not find this workaround mentioned elsewhere.  My apologies if this is not original.)

If you create your own simple custom template, the "Page Layout" button is present there.  Therefore, if you create Pages off of this template going forward, you should have access to the "Page Layout" button for that Page.

I did this workaround with a Space template.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

Ryan,

I've allowed replies on the thread, please feel free to add your workaround to the thread now.

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with, but I think you were just posting here so you could let us know about the workaround. Is that correct?

Regards,

Shannon

Ryan Cabanas March 4, 2019

Hi @Shannon S

I think you were just posting here so you could let us know about the workaround. Is that correct?

Yes.  That is correct.

Thanks.

Like Shannon S likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events