cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word Import messes up graphics

Joerg Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2012

Hi folks,

I have a bitch of a problem here : I try to import Word documents ( *.DOC), created with Word 2007. And of the 250 screenshots in there, most are unreadable Bitmap-Mashs. The Screenshots are usualy EMF Graphical objects. Sometimes, a "Cut, Paste Special as PNG" does help, but at other times, the pasted image is quite blurry as well. Is there any issue or option I missed ?

Update: The images are just ordinary "cut & paste" into the word text, not stacked inside boxes or other.

Thanks in advance, Josh

4 answers

0 votes
Genevieve Cory May 27, 2013

I added the macro we use here, try it out: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OFFCONN-75 -- solves some but not all problems.

0 votes
DavidH December 17, 2012

I'm trying to get Word import to work, and have found two problems.

Using a Word 2010 file (.docx), all images failed to import -- they displayed as boxes with red X marks, often at a strange aspect ratio.

I converted that Word document to Word 97-2003 format (.doc) file, as the Confluence documentation says that version is supported. This time when I imported to doc into Confluence, no images came through at all -- no placeholders, no nothing.

Word import is one of those features that could make Confluence fit into a corporate publishing/documentation authoring/document management environment, but it seems to be seriously flawed.

0 votes
Deleted user April 29, 2012

Are the images inside text boxes? Sometimes people stick pictures inside a text box to position them on the page more easily. Confluence has a go with things inside text boxes, but the results are odd.

0 votes
Joerg Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2012

Here is the issue - vote for it :) https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24965

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events