cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word Export: Images not displayed when using include page macro

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2016

Hello,

when I do an "Export to Word" with a page that has other pages included, the images from included pages do not show. Instead there is an error message:

The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location.

I am aware that there have been other problems with images in Word exports but haven't found a bug report for exactly this one. 

Does anybody have the same problem or (even more interesting) does anybody NOT have this problem and/or knows any trick to solve this?

I am using Confluence 4.3.7.
Images directly attached to a page do show correctly when exporting to Word.  

This is how it looks in the exported Word file:

2016-02-16 11_53_31-EM+-+Produktbeschreibung+-+EM+powerLED+PRO_ST+-+Exportdatei.doc - Word.png

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2016

Hi Steffen,

with Confluence 5.9, exporting to Word is running fine with images from included pages. 

Maybe you should consider updating to a newer version.

Thomas

Sandy Johnson November 2, 2017

I just came across this as I'm having the same problem. I'm using the server version 5.8.13 and when I export to Word or PDF I get what you see below. It simply displays the macro rather than the content.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks, Sandy

Include Error.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events