cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiki markup tab disabled

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2015

Hi,

I have installed the wiki markup tab in my confluence WYSIWYG editor. Some time ago when confluence abandoned the original wiki markup editor this was proposed as an alternative.

Now, it is suddenly disabled (greyed out and not responding). When I move across it it shows a message: "Wiki markup disabled: see Wikifier RT messages in your browser console"

I think this wiki markup tab was some kind of combination of add-ons and/or scripts and its installation was even described somewhere here on the forum, but I can't remember how I did it or where to find the information.

Can anyone help? Is it possible to reactivate it somehow?

2 answers

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2015

Hi Guilherme,

thanks for your answer. I just checked and it seems my problem was only temporary and has dissappeard again.

I am not sure if my initial request was well explained so I made a sreenshot now. The following shows the top of my confluence edit menu. On the right there is the Wiki markup tab. It was deactivated but now it is active again. When I click it a new window opens where I can edit wiki markup.

Seems like some other thing was causing a problem. Thanks for your help anyways.

PS: I am using confluence version 4.3.7

2015-04-16 16_00_20-Bearbeiten - Ripple current NEW - Technical World of Knowledge (TR) - Lightweb.png

Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2015

That wraps this thread, good to hear it is all good now. Thanks for the follow up.

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2015

Hi Steffen, by the functionality you described you are using a rather dated version from Confluence. We have a procedure which does force the app to recreate its bundled components upon restart, see below. information Note that it may need some adaptation since this suits current versions, also please report your attempts to fix and the version of your Confluence.

1 Shut down your Confluence server.
2 If these folders exist, make a backup of them, as their contents cannot be rebuilt:
2.1 {{<confluence-home>/index/plugin}}  - this is where the _Usage Tracking plugin_ stores the usage statistics.
2.2 {{<confluence-home>/index/edge}} his is where the index of _Likes and Popular_ Content are stored.
3 Remove the {{<confluence-home>/index}} directory.
4 If you made a backup of the folders in Step 2, create {{<confluence-home>/index}}, and copy the backups in to it.
5 Restart Confluence.
6 If restarting Confluence doesn't trigger the re-index task (troubleshooting issue in the same Confluence version), perform manual index rebuilding as described in Content Index Administration(https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Content+Index+Administration).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events