Why isn't my MP4 attachment playing?

Laura Needham January 10, 2022

I am trying to upload an MP4 video file to a Confluence page. When I am in the editor, the video will upload with a preview and the video will play. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 1.47.23 PM.png

However, it refuses to publish the page with the loaded preview. Instead, I have to refresh the page and publish it before the video preview loads. The published page shows a loading screen for the video preview.

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 1.50.42 PM.png

Clicking on the preview will not play the video, and the preview never loads. Other viewers are also unable to play the video and see the same preview screen. How can I fix this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

@Laura Needham I have mostly seen this with the file name.  Make sure you do not have any spaces or special characters in the file name.  I would suggest renaming the file to something simple example: salesforceupdate.mp4 and trying again.  

Laura Needham January 12, 2022

Thanks for responding, @Brant Schroeder ! Unfortunately changing the file name did not solve the issue - any other suggestions?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

How large is the file?

It's listed as 1.52 GB, but I'm not sure why as it is a cropped version of a 200 MB file.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

The max files size by default is 100mb.  My guess is the file is not actually uploading.  Do you have a smaller video file you could test with?

Like Fabian Lim likes this
Laura Needham January 13, 2022

Thank you for the suggestion! I uploaded a smaller video file (8.4 MB) and it did work - is there a way I can increase the maximum file size?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2022
0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2022

Hi @Laura Needham

Welcome to hte community!

Are you uploading the file or copying and pasting it to the page?  If it's the latter, try manually updating first. 

Also, there is another thread about file name issues  as well: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/MP4-files-are-not-playing-in-any-brower/qaq-p/1548599

I hope this helps.  

Regards

Thanks for answering, @Fabian Lim ! I was uploading the file manually. I renamed the file to a simple name, and the problem persists. Any other ideas? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events