MP4 files are not playing in any brower.

Shailendra Kulkarni December 3, 2020

I have created .mp4 files (video files) in Confluence. They are properly playing in Preview, but does not display in any browser (Chrome or Internet Explorer).

What may be the reason?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

How are you embedding them?  Are you just uploading them as files?  Can you provide some screenshots?

Shailendra Kulkarni December 3, 2020

Error MP4 Files1.pngError MP4 Files2.pngError MP4 Files3.png

I am inserting them as files (pls see the above screenshots).

But in the final output (Chrome as well as Microsoft Edge), it displays only a placeholder.

Is there any other way of adding video files?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2020

Hmm, I believe that this used to work before the removed the multimedia macro.  Now I think streaming videos is done through the connector widget but that only pulls them from sites like YouTube.  https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-widget-connector-macro/

Let me play around and see if I can find a work around.  

Like Shailendra Kulkarni likes this
Shailendra Kulkarni December 4, 2020

OK.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

I was able to upload an mp4 file and have it play in all browsers.  Can you clear your cache and make sure that is not the issue.  If that does not fix the problem then I am wondering if the file is to large.  Screen shot of page below.

Capture2.PNG

Shailendra Kulkarni December 6, 2020

The files are not large, they hardly 2 or 3 MB. I have created them in SnagIT. Will have to check if there is some issue with these files. Thanks for your replies. 

Shailendra Kulkarni December 10, 2020

We were able to resolve this issue. Confluence was not properly handling filenames with space. Just for anybody who is facing a similar situation.

Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events