Why is the space sidebar not showing in mobile?

Michelle Peters Spivack January 14, 2017

When viewing on a tablet or mobile device, the mobile version of our confluence site appears, but it's missing the space sidebar which allows users to navigate our space. How do I have the space sidebar appear for mobile users? Also is there a best practice for using a space sidebar for mobile users? Should we set this up so that there isn't a space sidebar and customize the mobile menu instead?

We are currently using Confluence 5.7. Is this resolved in updated versions?

Thanks.

-Michelle

2 answers

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2017

Hi Michelle,

The space sidebar isn't shown in the mobile app, presumably because it takes up a lot of space. The aim of the mobile app is to allow you to view tasks, notifications and updates, not to edit or add pages (at the moment, at least).

If you want to see the traditional view, including the space bar, you can switch to the desktop version - see here for instructions (right at the top of the page): https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-mobile-284365706.html

(I'm guessing you're not on the Cloud version as you haven't included that tag in your questions.  Details about that, including the iOS and ANdroid apps, is here for anyone else that needs it: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-mobile-724764728.html)

0 votes
Pavel Potcheptsov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2017

I've the exactly same problem.

Once I use mobile version I can't navigate at all through Spaces/Pages.

Thanks for rising this question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events