It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why is the "view file" macro missing options?

I'm using the Excel macro to embed an attached Excel file into my Confluence page. However, when editing the macro, the options Show Grid?, Worksheet Name, Last Row and Last Column are missing. Consequently, the Macro tries to display the whole document and messes up formatting.

What to do to resolve this? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Macro.PNG

1 answer

0 votes

Hey there, @Lukas Heinrich !

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the Office Excel Macro. May I ask when was the last time you used this macro? Or even, have you migrated from Confluence Self-hosted to Cloud recently? This can help us build more information on how to improve the experience with the macro.

A few years back, in 2017 to be more precise, we released a new sleuth of macros for Office files and PDF. Here is the blog post about it:

Now, looking at the documentation for this macro, we can see that all the expected fields are showing. Those parameters are page name and file name. You can take a look at said documentation here:

Atlassian is aware of all the differences and feedback that stem from this new macro. With this in mind, we started gathering more information on those. You can leave your feedback here in this report, Lukas:

So, please let us know your thoughts on this. Looking forward to your reply!

Hi @Diego_Canto_Rodrigues ,

Thanks for your quick Reply! Actually I am working on Confluence Cloud currently and got the info how the macro should look from someone working on Self-hosted.

So in Confluence Cloud there is only [Confluence] [Cloud] Office excel macro with the only options being the fields "name" and "page"?

Does the "View File Macro" I'm looking for only exist for Server versions of Confluence?

Hello again, @Lukas Heinrich ! Yes, you are right. Currently, this is the only natively available viewer for excel files in Confluence Cloud.

The thing about the View File macro is that it was replaced in Confluence Cloud with a new option. We can take a look here:

I can say that, yes, the View File Macro you are looking for is not available for Confluence on the Cloud platform. We have it on the Self-hosted environment only.

Let us hear from you, Lukas!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

327 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you