Why is confluence still sending watch emails?

Michael_Kuhn December 18, 2018

I have just turned on the email server for my Confluence instance and it has flooded all of my team members with every change I make.

I have gone in and unchecked all of the notification emails in each person's settings (annoying, that you can't change global defaults), but even still, it doesn't seem to matter. Everyone gets notified by every change I make.

Even for myself, I have un-watched every page on my list, un-checked every notification, and still, I get updates on page edits.

This is embarrassing as it seems like I have no idea how to manage the system that I set up for my group, and spamming them constantly.

Why is it doing this? How can I shut it off, while preserving the usefulness of emails when we WANT them?

thank you

-Michael

1 answer

1 vote
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2018

Hi @Michael_Kuhn welcome to the community!

I definitely feel your pain here.

Can you check to see if they are watching the spaces where the page edit emails are coming from?

If they are watching the spaces they might get notifications for all edits as well.

Michael Kuhn January 2, 2019

I figured out the issue

I had a secondary dummy account set up for IT access and was forced to provide any email, which turned out to be my email. This account had not had all of its watch pages flushed, and was still emailing me

Between this, and the over-broad space-watch functionality, there were just so many emails coming through it was hard to figure out what was causing it.

I know its not your department, but it would be a great suggestion for development to allow admin to just toggle these off on the group level

thank you

Ed Selig April 21, 2020

Hello, I am having the same issue.  I went to my profile and unchecked everything, but I am still receiving emails whenever something has changed on the space.  Is the only way to stop getting emails is to stop watching the space?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events