Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't the Content Report Table macro display results?

Bev Schalk August 7, 2020

I added a Content Report Table and selected a label. However no results display in the preview or after I publish it.  I also used the same label in a Content by Label list, and the results display as expected in that.

I've referred to the Documentation and followed those steps, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

3 answers

1 vote
Fred Ventrone September 11, 2020

I was having the same problem with Content Label Report not working.

For me, what ended up working was using the "Space Key" and not the "Space Name".

And verify the label is created on the right page you want to reference (I had missed that initially being new to this world).

Fred

0 votes
Carlos Marques October 13, 2023

I am having the same issue. My organization uses Confluence, and when I want to present meeting minutes using the Content Report Table Macro and use the tag i've assigned, nothing appears. I've even tried adding the space key with no success.

When i try to build out other pages using the same feature above, content will appear from all other users in the organization who are not on my team, so the content is irrelevant to me.

Any suggestions?

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2020

Hi Bev,

Welcome to Atlassian Community, and I’m so sorry that the Content Report Table doesn’t seem to be working for you.

Is there a specific label that’s not working in this case, or does it happen with any label? I assume this is in the new editor, is that right? Does this occur for any other macros that require labels to work?

Would you be able to show me the parameters you have filled in for the macro?

Lastly, do you know if the other users on the site, including admins, are having the same issue?

Take care,

Shannon

Bev Schalk August 11, 2020

Hi Shannon, In the Content Report Table macro, I have tried several different labels without success. I also have tried it with and without entering a Space(s) parameter. 

The labels I'm using seem to work correctly in the Content by Label macro. 

Confluence_ContentReportTable.pngConfluence_ContentByLabel.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2020

Hi Bev,

Thank you for sharing your example with me. I think the issue here is this difference between the macros.

The Content Report Table macro displays a set of pages and blog posts as a table, based on the labels specified in the macro parameters.

The Content by Label macro is used to display lists of pages, blog posts or attachments that have particular labels.

Going by the documentation, I don't believe that you can use the Content Report Table macro to display attachments, as in your example.

Would you be able to confirm if the macro is also not working to display examples of pages and blog posts, or are you only able to replicate this with labelled attachments?

Thank you,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events