Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't Attachments macro work in Confluence?

Mark Gancsos April 5, 2018

I've tried this six ways to Sunday, and it flat out doesn't work. I've loaded the macro on multiple pages, even a brand-new, otherwise-blank page, and I can drag files to the window or select them with the file picker, and they upload with the progress bar and give me a check mark for each and then "Done", but nothing shows on the page. Nothing.

attachments.JPG

3 answers

0 votes
Lance Fogle March 1, 2021

@Suren Raj This is still a problem as it occurs for me as well as of today in an atlassian cloud instance. If I keep trying it eventually uploads for a while and then pops up with a save dialog after several attempts which is also strange...

If I keep refreshing the page and then trying again, files will eventually upload and show up in the list. It just takes many many many tries in some cases.

Ian Francis May 6, 2021

Thats what I found too - I go to page  then reload and reload again for luck -pretty shoddy!

Ian Francis May 6, 2021

Actually, that doesn't even seem to work if you have an empty attachments component.  Honestly its easier to manage files in DOS, looking away from the screen...

OK, It seems the files do get added, but don't show up in the list.  If you look at the ... menu you will see attachments (n), click on that and there is you file(s), along with a history of how many times you have tried to add.  Can someone from Atlassian now explain how to make that file(s) visible?

0 votes
MattBurnes June 11, 2020

Same problem here. Uploading seems to work just fine. Both ways: Drag&Drop and through the popup window. But then the file(s) simply won't appear in the list when done. No error message.

0 votes
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

Hi, Mark.

I would like to know the following:

1. Does the attachment you uploaded appear in attachment page?
  2. Are you able to upload the attachment from page attachment?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events