Why does the page display only in the right half of the browser window when viewing a Confluence page in Edit mode?

Hal Perrin March 13, 2012

We just upgraded to Confluence 4.1.2. In the prior version, I could click Edit and the page (in edit mode) would display in the full browser window. Now, in version 4.1.2, when I click Edit, the page (in edit mode) displays only in the right half of the browser window. How can I view pages in edit mode in 100% of the browser window? By the way, this annoying behavior happens regardless of the browser I use.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2012

This is strange, but I suspect you might have some applied customisation to the instance such as custom layouts, custom HTML, custom themes, custom CSS, custom libraries, modified templates, etc.

If you wish to check if there is no problem with the installation files itself, I'd suggest you to install/create a temporary instance of Confluence, using the same installation directory but without any existing data to upgrade. From there, try to check if behaviour persists.

If behaviour does not persist in that clean instance, it is most likely caused by customisation that exists somewhere in your upgraded data/installation.

0 votes
Hal Perrin October 12, 2012

This issue was resolved, although I'm not sure exactly how. I have a developer on my team who made some tweaks to the header/footer, css, etc.

Thanks for your input.

0 votes
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2012

A screenshot would help troubleshoot this issue..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events