Why does Confluence continue to crash

Patrick Chouinard August 22, 2019

I'm having ONGOING issues with editing documentation in Confluence. Anytime I open a doc with any sort of formatting (bold, italic, underline, code highlight, table insert, etc.) the site starts to freeze/hang and then it crashes. Once I reload my edits are not saved. 

This was happening at most 1-2 times per month, but today it's happening ~5min and I'm having trouble getting anything done. 

EDIT: Steps to reproduce for any Atlassian Employees: 
1. visit this page https://fffptc.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BAMX/pages/edit-v2/54461050
2. click the pencil icon to edit the page
3. try to edit anything, make at least 5 key strokes 
4. experience the page freezing and Chrome asking to "wait" or "kill" the page. 

4 answers

0 votes
Frederico Castro December 10, 2019

This is happening with the new editor when I use `code` or table formatting.

I can edit the text before the first usage of one of those elements. When I put the cursor in the element or after it, the page freezes. I can't even delete them.

Also, macbook's touchbar started blinking when the browser freezes

0 votes
Patrick Chouinard August 23, 2019

@Davin Studer I don't have an adblocker, but when I tried Safari I didn't experience the issue. Maybe it's from another extension.

@Bill Bailey always the same page :/ I don't have any HTML on the page, but I have a few tables created. 

I'm going to have some coworkers try to edit the page today and see if they experience the same issue. Might also try recreating it in another page. Super weird it's still happening to me today.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

Have you tried another browser? Could it be caused be a Chrome extension you have installed? Like maybe an adblocker?

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

Is it always the same page? If so, it could be that other HTML code was pasted into the page by accident.

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2019

Well if it is always the same page, you could have HTML code pasted into the page that you cannot see in either view or edit, but can cause huge problems.

I had this recently with a user who had pasted in some of the outside of page HTML from Confluence. Once we could get rid of that content, we were able to save the page (we basically pasted all of the content into notepad++ to strip everything, then deleted all the content on the page, saved it. Then reedited the page to paste the clean content back in.).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events