Why do links to JIRA Issues in Confluence sometimes not display the issue text?

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2012

I've been using confluence for a few weeks, and one of the features I really like is the ability to insert a link to a JIRA issue. In the past, when I was logged in to Confluence, I could see the summary of the issue and the status, but if I logged out, all i would see is the issue number (and the box aroudn the number would turn red). That makes sense (although it means all my JIRA users also need Confluence access).

However, today I'm looking at my Confluence page, and even though I'm logged into Confluence (and JIRA) the issues are displayed in a red box with only the number, instead of showing the full summary and status.

Any idea why this is happening?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

This might not be the only reason, but I noticed that if I put a JIRA Issue link in confluence, and then move the JIRA issue to a different project, the link in confluence turns red (and doesn't reflect the fact that the issue is in a new project). Clicking on the link still takes you to the correct issue.

0 votes
Nawaz Quadri September 5, 2012

May be trusted application or application link between JIRA and confluence is broken.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events