Why do all users except the admin user get page creation email notifications, and how to disable?

Tanner Layton January 31, 2018

Whenever I create anything new in confluence all my team is being notified by email the pages created and changes. However, I am not receiving them.  We all have the same profile settings so I am assuming the difference has to be that they are all general confluence-users and I am an administrator. 

1.  What is driving this notification?

2. How to change it?

3. Shouldn't the default be opposite? -as in admin is notified of all pages created, not regular users

2 answers

0 votes

Ok, sorry for being new.  I didnt understand that new users were automatically set to watching all spaces.  So I need to go and have them unwatch the spaces as they dont need to be notified everytime something is created.  

This is a brand new confluence and I basically have everything default right now.  I will also check the app, Notifications for Confluence.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

You're welcome Tanner! ;) Everyone was new to Confluence at some point and notifications can be really annoying. But they are not set to watch all spaces when being a new user, that doesn't sound familiar. But glad that we could solve the problem so far. Have a look at the app if you want, I just mentioned it because you can subscribe groups of user to updates with it and sometimes people forget which subscription they created as user of the app.

Might want to look into default watching of spaces in different circumstances.  These people literally got the email to make a user and then did nothing else.  Then they started getting notifications everytime I created something.   They made no changes and I if I managed to make them watch the spaces somehow I am completely unaware of how I could have done it.  

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

Hey Tanner,

so you checked your notification settings and "Notify on my actions" is disabled? So you won't get a notification when you create a page. But are the other users watcher of a space and maybe all content of that space? Any apps in use like Notifications for Confluence?

Best,

Max

Both my team and I have the same default email settings that look like this: Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 1.41.51 PM.png

It's just odd because they all receive email notifications on every new page I create.   However, I don't get them when they create pages.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2018

Hey Tanner, again, have you checked what you and the other users are watching? Right now it simply sounds like they are watchers of a space and all of its content and you are not. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events