Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Why can't we use Excerpts or NOTES in lists?

I want to add elements to lists but the editor won't let me.  For example, I create lists of steps and want to include things like NOTES, or WARNINGS on certain steps.  But you can't include those elements in a list.  I recently wanted to include a set of commands (stored in an Excerpt macro) into a list, but that wasn't possible either.

What is the process to get access to more elements in a list?  Right now, I think I'm limited to text and images in a list.  I would like to be able to expand that to everything (or almost everything) in Confluence. 

Thanx!

Richard

1 answer

0 votes

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

How are you implementing "lists" in your content?

Thanks!

I'm just using the normal "list" type in Confluence.  It's easy to replicate this problem in the "new" editor:

Steps:

1. Start a list (1. 2. 3. ...)
  2. Type in some text for the items in the list
  3. Try to add a NOTE, or WARNING, or Excerpt to the list
  4. Notice that it doesn't add it inside the list (like a code block) but at the bottom of the list, after all the members of the list.

Maybe I'm missing something and it's easy to do, but I haven't found a way to do it yet.

Sorry, what is a "normal list type"?  Space list, Page list, attachments?   If you type /list to get the range of macros you might be talking about, can you tell us which one you are using?

I'm just using a normal numbered list, like you would for Steps in a HowTo or something.

But what do you mean by "normal numbered list"?  What is that in Confluence?  What macro or function are you using to create these lists?

I generally just type a number-period or a asterisk and then start typing my content out.  However, I think it's the same thing as typing "/list" and choosing either the "Numbered list" or "Bullet list" option.

image.png

Ahh!  Thanks, that makes sense now!

I'm afraid the "new editor" doesn't support the nesting of formatting sections (it's still got a long way to go before it becomes as useful as the old editor)

Like Richard Hurt likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events