• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why can't a user create a personal space?

I've got two users created on the same day with the same permissions, in the same user group. One of them created a personal space with no issue, the other cannot. The second user does not have Personal Space creation options available.

I've double-check permissions and confirmed that both users still have exactly the same permissions and fall under the same Global Permissions.

Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Suren Raj Atlassian Team Feb 28, 2018

Hi Zach,

Does the user able to see Add Personal Space when they choose or click their profile picture?

The user did not have any Personal Space or Add Personal Space options under the profile picture or under the Spaces button. 

After logging in to Confluence in Firefox rather than Chrome all Personal Space options became available. Even when going back to Chrome, the browser where the issue was first noted.

No permissions were changed. The user simply tried another browser, got the results we desired, went back to the initial browser and suddenly also got the results we desired. This makes no sense to me. 

Suren Raj Atlassian Team Feb 28, 2018

It might be related to caching, anyway I'm glad it's working now.

I found the same issue, and was able to add a personal space using Safari.  Is this a known issue?

If you - as an administrator - want to be 100% sure that the permissions are set well, i suggest you to trial the Ultimate Permission Manager add-on, which can help you to discover who can view/edit which spaces/pages and why :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

342 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you