Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't a user create a personal space?

Zach Shields February 27, 2018

I've got two users created on the same day with the same permissions, in the same user group. One of them created a personal space with no issue, the other cannot. The second user does not have Personal Space creation options available.

I've double-check permissions and confirmed that both users still have exactly the same permissions and fall under the same Global Permissions.

Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Balázs Szakál _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 1, 2018

If you - as an administrator - want to be 100% sure that the permissions are set well, i suggest you to trial the Ultimate Permission Manager add-on, which can help you to discover who can view/edit which spaces/pages and why :)

0 votes
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2018

Hi Zach,

Does the user able to see Add Personal Space when they choose or click their profile picture?

Zach Shields February 28, 2018

The user did not have any Personal Space or Add Personal Space options under the profile picture or under the Spaces button. 

After logging in to Confluence in Firefox rather than Chrome all Personal Space options became available. Even when going back to Chrome, the browser where the issue was first noted.

No permissions were changed. The user simply tried another browser, got the results we desired, went back to the initial browser and suddenly also got the results we desired. This makes no sense to me. 

Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2018

It might be related to caching, anyway I'm glad it's working now.

katherine Greene November 11, 2019

I found the same issue, and was able to add a personal space using Safari.  Is this a known issue?

Derek Mackie November 18, 2022

I had the same issue and the option to create a personal space didn't magically reappear just by trying in a different browser. 

What did make it reappear was ensuring that under global user group permissions the group that the user belonged to had the global permission to create a personal space. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events