It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why can't I insert a column macro into a section macro (in new editor)

I insert a section macro successfully.  I then try to insert a column macro.  Unfortunately the column macro appears below the section macro.  Why has this behavior changed???

1 answer

0 votes
James Dellow Community Leader Jan 09, 2020

Assuming you are on Confluence Cloud, this is a bug - the old section and column macros aren't compatible with the new editor.

See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/2019-All-Wrap-ped-Up-Like-a-Present/ba-p/1235288/page/6#M1088

As some of you may have noticed and pointed out the old macros started to reappear in the new editor recently - some of them worked and some of them didn’t. The return of the old macros to the new editor via the macro browser was unintentional and came up as a bug in the system. We sincerely apologize if this raised any false hopes for anyone, as that was not our intention. We are going to need to turn them off once again since technically they aren’t compatible or reliable in the new editor and are likely to break or cause issues if used. They also introduce duplication of macros in the editor. With that being said, the fact that we’re turning them back off doesn’t mean we’re not listening, reading, and prioritizing all of your feedback - as some of them may come back either as they used to work or in new ways as we’ve done with other macros. Again, this was a bug and shouldn’t have happened. We’re sorry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

109 views 3 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you