Why can't I insert a column macro into a section macro (in new editor)

Cliff Holden January 9, 2020

I insert a section macro successfully.  I then try to insert a column macro.  Unfortunately the column macro appears below the section macro.  Why has this behavior changed???

1 answer

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

Assuming you are on Confluence Cloud, this is a bug - the old section and column macros aren't compatible with the new editor.

See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/2019-All-Wrap-ped-Up-Like-a-Present/ba-p/1235288/page/6#M1088

As some of you may have noticed and pointed out the old macros started to reappear in the new editor recently - some of them worked and some of them didn’t. The return of the old macros to the new editor via the macro browser was unintentional and came up as a bug in the system. We sincerely apologize if this raised any false hopes for anyone, as that was not our intention. We are going to need to turn them off once again since technically they aren’t compatible or reliable in the new editor and are likely to break or cause issues if used. They also introduce duplication of macros in the editor. With that being said, the fact that we’re turning them back off doesn’t mean we’re not listening, reading, and prioritizing all of your feedback - as some of them may come back either as they used to work or in new ways as we’ve done with other macros. Again, this was a bug and shouldn’t have happened. We’re sorry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events