Why can't I enable Custom Stylesheets for Spaces?

I am using the subscription based Confluence application hosted by atlassian.com.
I'd like to use Custom Stylesheets for Spaces but the option to turn it on is greyed out when I go to the admin section to enable. I am the admin for it and I created the account and the space - but for whatever reason, it seems only the system admin can make this change and I am not listed as the system admin. How do I change this or how do I enable CSS?

2 answers

It's a restricted function in Confluence Ondemand. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand for details.

If you're using Confluence install then space admins have the ability to customise their space CSS.

You must be a Confluence administrator to modify space layouts -- a space admin can't do it. That's never made sense to me, but that is the way it is.

UPDATE (correction) -- I think that was true for Confluence 3 (but now I'm not sure). It definitely is not right for Confluence 5.1 -- as noted in Bill's response, space admins for downloaded Confluence now certainly can change the layouts. (I tried it this time.) Assuming I'm right it used to be different. GREAT change. Sorry for the bad info.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,131 views 18 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you