Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I delete an attatchment?

nwsd02 January 9, 2013

Why can't I delete an attatchment?

Thank you adding unnecessary frustration to my day.

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

12 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Do you have the "Remove Attachments" permission?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Assigning+Space+Permissions

Btw, whom are you thanking?

nwsd02 January 9, 2013

I'm thanking those who made it unnecessarily difficult to do something as simple as deleting an attachment. Not only was it difficult to find the information, but I now have to spend an unknown amount of time to find out who manages Confluence within our company. And from the looks of it, who knows how long it will take them to configure that setting just so I can delete a file.

I uploaded the file, and now I want to delete it. Simple right? Apparently not.

Like # people like this
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

I agree it should be simpler. JIRA has that level of permissions. But unfortunately, the feature request Daniel mentioned doesn't have enough up votes to force a faster resolution, I guess!

Luke Puplett May 12, 2017

@nwsd02 - well said! Absolutely that.

So funny because what's the difference between deleting a page or tons of content and deleting an attachment? It's all information I'm deleting.

Like # people like this
8 votes
Craig Harris October 5, 2017

4 Years later this issue it still not resolved. 

2 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

There is an outstanding feature request for users to be able to have a higher level of permission on their own attachments

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-9527

Please vist the page and vote on this feature request to increase it's importance to our developers. I will attache this post to the issue to further imporve it's visibility.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events