Why are there two entirely different versions of UPM for Confluence 5.10 to 6.15

Michael Lightfoot January 6, 2021

I upgraded UPM to 3.0.6 on my Confluence 6.2.3 and now managing apps is broken in various ways - can't update plugins, can't install a licence for Teams Calendar, opening details of most plugins takes ages, etc

Looking on the Marketplace there are two entirely different versions available that cover my version - 2.22.x and 3.0.x.

Why?  Did I inadvertently install the wrong one?

Thanks

Michael

2 answers

0 votes

Irrelevant, but I am preparing for a major upgrade of Confluence as 6.2 is out of support and UPM was one of the apps that was suggesting it needed upgrading before Confluence.

And I have no idea what you mean about compatibility.  Compatibility with what?

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Hi! 

Because it was changes on API versions ? 

if you install from manage apps , it should works.

Do you know it was successfully upgraded?

Also, could you restart your instance, I hope Apache felix was stucked

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

I did upgrade it from Manage apps to 3.0.6 and the problems above occurred.  I'm not sure what the old version was but I'm going to try to go back to 3.0.3 using the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-manually-reset-upm-or-manually-upgrade-upm-818580144.html.

I was just wondering why there are two versions covering the same Confluence server versions.

Michael

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

No worry about cover of 2 versions, because it can be used for the compatibility. 

And btw, what was the purpose of your upgrade? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events