Why are some userids/names not showing in Confluence "Share.." dynamic lookup?

Tim Colson May 12, 2013

When users share a page, some userids and names simply do not show up. The users do exist, and in the generic "Search" field, they appear, but not in the "share" lookup field.

I've tried flushing all the caches -- no change. Where should I look next? (Confluence v3.5.3)

2 answers

0 votes
Tim Colson December 2, 2013

Update: even after a total index rebuild, this still persists. Commented on the share field below, but just now tried the search field, and only see 3 three "Iain" results. Where have all my other Iain's gone? ;-)

0 votes
Jim November 25, 2013

Just had a user report this to me too. We are on 5.2 but maybe the below will help you:

It seems that the drop-down list of users maxs out at ten, so if there are more than ten matches you don’t see all of them - you have to type more. For example, if you have 14 Daniels (as we do...) then you might have to type 'daniel le' in order to find ‘daniel lederhosen’ (fictional example, we don't really have a Herr Lederhosen here).

I’m not sure how it picks the ten to display (it’s not alphabetical) and I'd like to know if it's possible to change the default number to a higher one.

Tim Colson December 2, 2013

Thanks, Jim, but that's not the answer. For example, when I search for "Iain" which is a less common form of the name, the system brings up only five results, none of which are "Iain Brown". When I type in "Iain B" or more, I still do not get the result I expect. Even typing the userid "iaibrown" does not bring him up.

I just queried CWD_USER and see there are a total of 12 (all active) users with firstname "Iain", but only 5 ever show up in the search field.

FYI - Last weekend, we rebuilt our indexes from scratch, no change.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events