Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are certain reports in Jira missing in Confluence?

Ryan Penning November 19, 2019

Hi there all!

I'm currently trying to make a global post-mortem template in confluence for our team (I'm surprised this doesn't come out of the box). This template I'm wanting to make needs to be able to use any of the reports currently available in Jira so that our team can do some simple analysis during the post-mortem.

chrome_2qhRS77qBP.png

When I go through the list of available macros to generate a chart / report I don't see many of the options available in Jira in Confluence.

I don't see the following options:

Cumulative Flow Diagram
Control Chart
Time Tracking Report

I also don't see a way to have a JQL filter that references a project as "itself" so that when I create a Confluence template that will be used in spaces connected to a Jira project they get automatically filled.

Would appreciate if someone can tell me I'm missing something here as I think these reports are quite important.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2019

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for raising this question with us. Happy to help you!

Cumulative Flow Diagram, Control Chart, and Time Tracking are reports, and not gadgets, so you won't be able to display them in Confluence.

See Use Jira and Confluence Together > Create Reports and Gadgets:

You can create Jira reports as pages, or insert chart macros and gadgets into Confluence, but not include a report as a gadget.

We have a few feature requests below to create a gadget for them:

• JSWCLOUD-5662 Ability to show the Cumulative Flow Diagram report as a gadget
  • JSWCLOUD-12283 Make Control Chart report a dashboard gadget

We also have a feature request to be able to include Time Tracking in Confluence as a macro:

• CONFCLOUD-35894 Ability to have a JIRA Time Tracking Report in a Confluence Page

In the meantime, you could use the iFrame Macro to display your reports.

As for your question regarding the JQL filter automatically selecting the linked project, this is not possible. I've created a feature request below for this:

• CONFCLOUD-68570 Ability to automatically select project in Jira Issues Macro based on linked project

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Ryan Penning November 24, 2019

Thanks for the answer Shannon! Stopped me from going down a deep dark Google rabbit hole.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2019

You're welcome, Ryan! Happy to have saved you that time. :) 

Let me know if you have any questions about that and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events