Why are Jira comments not always displayed in the Jira issues macro?

Lara-Marie Volkmann August 25, 2022

I am using the Jira issues macro in Confluence. Unfortunately, for most of my issues "Comments" and "Last comment" are not displayed - even though the issue does have comments. I have also noticed that something similar happens in the Jira Issue Navigator. Some comments are displayed, others (or most) are not.

Does anyone know why this happens and how I can make sure my comments are displayed when using the Jira issues macro?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lara-Marie Volkmann August 28, 2022

Hi @Craig Nodwell, thank you for your response. I was looking for Jira comments.

However, I think, I have found the answer to my own question. Looking at the XML code of the tickets, it seems as if tickets for which comments and the last comment are displayed by the Jira issue macro (Confluence) and in the Issue Navigator (Jira) use custom fields Comments/ Last comment, similar to what is described here: Solved: How to show Jira issue/filter last X number of co... (atlassian.com). Tickets for which comments and the last comment are NOT displayed do not include these custom fields.

0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2022

Hi @Lara-Marie Volkmann welcome to the community.  Are these Jira Comments you are looking for or Comments on the Confluence page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events