Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting the error "Could not save the comment" when I comment on a confluence page?

Jacob Peebles September 7, 2016

When I comment on a confluence page I get the error "Could not save the comment". What's odd is I commented on this doc a day ago no problem, today, I get this error. 

7 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andreas September 7, 2016

It's a known bug, see this page: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-43601

Not cool! Hope that gets fixed quickly. It's no fun copying a whole page to another page to fix this...would really be terrible if the page had tones of comments on it too!

JP Doherty December 2, 2019

It still exists. 

Steve Sperandeo February 4, 2020

Still exists.

Deleted user April 12, 2020

Its still exist 

Frantisek_Bekes April 15, 2020

still exiiiist :(

Ron Osikowicz April 20, 2020

Still exists.  I see this several times a week.  Happens only when I paste a screenshot into the Comment.

Christian Ryan Baltazar August 24, 2020

Try refreshing the page and then comment again. It worked for me

Robert Szaszak August 26, 2020

It wont work if you copy paste the whole text with images in it. You have insert image.

Nguyễn Thái Sơn August 27, 2020

It works when I change to Old view, edit the content / comment, then change back to the newer view.

Guillaume September 25, 2020

Still exists, refreshing the page works but it's a pain.

0 votes
Christian Ryan Baltazar August 24, 2020

Try refreshing the page and then comment again. It worked for me

0 votes
Seshadri Kothandaraman October 31, 2019

I ran into the "could not save page" error after I was done editing a big page in Excellentable. After spending some time in vain, I figured the way out:

1. Download the file in the excellentable format (it lets you download).
  2. Exit the current page without saving (you can't do it anyway). Do NOT publish.
  3. Edit the page again and insert a new, blank excellentable.
  4. Click on File - Import and point to the downloaded file.
  5. Tada !
  6. Save and exit.
  7. Publish.

Pretty simple, eh? :)

Seshadri

0 votes
Paras_Lehana July 19, 2019

This bug really annoyed me after I had invested a lot of time in formatting and writing content. The error just washes all the stuff you have done. 

This generally happens when you do a paste a formatted text (even from other JIRA tickets). 

A workaround to this until it gets solved can be:

Duplicate the tab and edit the description. With the new view of JIRA, you would mostly get the unsaved content that couldn't get saved. The only extra thing is that you can now see 'Unsupported content' in the post. Just delete it and save. Viola! 

0 votes
George Merry July 9, 2019

I got this from copied text that included an emoji, Deleted the emoji and it all worked fine.

0 votes
aade.sanda May 1, 2019

Hi

What if the issue is in Jira and not Confluence?

0 votes

Okay, this isn't an answer, but simply creating a new space and cut and pasting the page from the old space to the new space cured the commenting issue. Clearly not a great solution but it worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events