It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why am I getting the error "Could not save the comment" when I comment on a confluence page?

When I comment on a confluence page I get the error "Could not save the comment". What's odd is I commented on this doc a day ago no problem, today, I get this error. 

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

It's a known bug, see this page: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-43601

Not cool! Hope that gets fixed quickly. It's no fun copying a whole page to another page to fix this...would really be terrible if the page had tones of comments on it too!

It still exists. 

Its still exist 

still exiiiist :(

Still exists.  I see this several times a week.  Happens only when I paste a screenshot into the Comment.

Okay, this isn't an answer, but simply creating a new space and cut and pasting the page from the old space to the new space cured the commenting issue. Clearly not a great solution but it worked.

Hi

What if the issue is in Jira and not Confluence?

I got this from copied text that included an emoji, Deleted the emoji and it all worked fine.

This bug really annoyed me after I had invested a lot of time in formatting and writing content. The error just washes all the stuff you have done. 

This generally happens when you do a paste a formatted text (even from other JIRA tickets). 

A workaround to this until it gets solved can be:

Duplicate the tab and edit the description. With the new view of JIRA, you would mostly get the unsaved content that couldn't get saved. The only extra thing is that you can now see 'Unsupported content' in the post. Just delete it and save. Viola! 

I ran into the "could not save page" error after I was done editing a big page in Excellentable. After spending some time in vain, I figured the way out:

1. Download the file in the excellentable format (it lets you download).
  2. Exit the current page without saving (you can't do it anyway). Do NOT publish.
  3. Edit the page again and insert a new, blank excellentable.
  4. Click on File - Import and point to the downloaded file.
  5. Tada !
  6. Save and exit.
  7. Publish.

Pretty simple, eh? :)

Seshadri

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

283 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you