Why am I blocked from certain configuration functions?

Spencer Thew August 18, 2015

I'm using my free trial to see if I can get a site set up the way I want it. So far, whenever I try to change the configuration, I keep seeing a closed hand and a red circle with a line through it. What exactly does that mean, and why can't I make the changes I need?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2015

If it's the icon I'm thinking of, those are configuration items you cannot change in that screen, either because you have set up something else to disallow it, or you don't have the admin rights to do it.  The items are rendered because the setting is information an admin might need to see, and the icon is there to tell you that access is blocked.

I might be thinking of the wrong thing though - could you give us an example?  And/or a screenshot?

Spencer Thew August 19, 2015

Evidently, the issue was that certain functions can only be changed on a server based version of the site.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2015

Yes, Cloud has a load of restricted functions, so "you don't have the admin rights to do it" applies. I really should have said that before.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events