Why a shared page may have restrictions?

Deleted user June 30, 2022

Hello, community members!

Your advice is very appreciated! When I share pages from my team's space with other teams in our company, other teams complain that the pages don't open for them, and they see the message saying that access to the shared pages is restricted.

sc12.jpg

Meanwhile, I always click the lock icon to check the page permissions to make sure that I share pages that are for everyone to view. After that, to share a page, I click Share and copy the link at the bottom of the window.

question.png

Also, according to the problem description from the colleagues that complain, they have access to the space, but if they receive a link to any of the documents from this space, they can't open it. They see the message saying that access is restricted.

What could probably be the reason for this issue? 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

@[deleted] welcome to the Atlassian Community.

I see that you specified you are on a Premium Plan. Premium gives access to the inspect permissions tool, are you utilizing that? By clicking on it and searching by user name, you can see if there are any permission issues in the hierarchy preventing the user you are sharing the link with from accessing or viewing the page.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Now, if you are trying to share a link with users that are not licensed on Confluence, that will only work if the page is in a space that has anonymous (public) access enabled.

Hope this helps.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

@[deleted] I hope your Atlassian journey has been successful and you have been able to use the inspect permissions tool. Please let me know if my answer assisted you. If it did, please click on the Accept Answer button so others looking for similar assistance can find it in the future. All the best.

Deleted user October 17, 2022

@Andy Gladstone Many thanks for your answer, it helped a lot! The problem was solved.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2022

Hi @[deleted] ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Probably you page or parent has been restricted through https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/add-or-remove-page-restrictions/

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Deleted user October 17, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ !
Thanks a lot for the recommendation! It was a useful link.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2022

you're welcome @[deleted] 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events